For our Patent search services we use the expertise of the 150 patent examiners at the Danish and Norwegian Patent Offices.
- Are well educated in their relevant technical field
- Are highly trained in search and examination of patents
- Have access to a range of excellent searching tools and databases
Why limit these competencies and skills to only examining patent applications? Their unique skills can provide other useful and valuable services to businesses and IP law firms.
Typical examiner competences:
- A Master's degree or PhD in their technical field
- Minimum search fluency in English, German, French, and the Scandinavian languages
- Additional language skills give Nordic Patent Institute search fluency in over thirty languages
- Extensively trained in prior art searching and assessment from a patent perspective
- Considerable experience in other types of searches such as FTO, Clearance and Landscaping
Our main search tool is the EPOQUE.net search tool, built and maintained by the European Patent Office, accessible to all national European patent offices and other selected patent offices worldwide.
Our quality assurance
Nordic Patent Institute has established a Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001 standards. The system covers all services offered.
The Danish and Norwegian patent offices both have well defined quality systems which are both certified under the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
We have also in place several additional quality measures such as customer surveys, direct dialogue with customers and benchmarking exercises with other authorities such as the EPO.
All employees of Nordic Patent Institute and the employees of the NPO's allocated to perform work for the Nordic Patent Institute are prohibited from disclosing or making use of any confidential information according to the NPI Agreement, save for the purpose of proper performance of the obligations arising by virtue of the NPI Agreement (link to NPI Agreement).
All employees of Nordic Patent Institute and the employees of the NPO's sign a contract upon employment which includes a confidentiality clause stating that employees who become acquainted with information which should be treated as confidential information can not discuss this information internally or in public.
All NPO employees are as employees in the public sector of the contracting states bound to observe professional secrecy in accordance with public administration legislation.
For more information on our competences contact one of our Key Account Managers.